CPhI Online is the largest global marketplace in the pharma ingredients industry
Group is a provider of drug containment, drug delivery and diagnostic solutions
to the pharma, biotechnology and life sciences industries. We deliver an
integrated, end-to-end portfolio of products, processes and services that
address customer needs across the entire drug life cycle. Our core capabilities
in scientific research and development, our commitment to technical innovation
and our engineering excellence are central to our ability to offer value added
solutions to clients.
Products Featured at CPhI Worldwide 2021
SG Alina is a user-friendly disposable pen injector based on proven technology. The variable-dose pen injector is under development at Stevanato Group in collaboration with Cambridge Design Partnership. It is based on Axis-D intellectual property exclusively licensed from pen injector device expert Haselmeier. The pen injector features an appealing and functional design, including an easy-to-dial mechanism, optimized injection force for patient comfort, and a user-friendly readable display.
Maverick is an innovative cartridge-based auto-injector with an intuitive two-step triggered automatic injection and needle retraction. Stevanato Group and Duoject Medical Systems are developing this reliable and user-friendly auto-injector for emergency use. The device features a user-friendly design and intuitive activation, while the needle is never exposed and automatically retracted after injection.
Mechanical robustness is a key feature of Maverick, which integrates our highly resistant SG Nexa glass cartridge, making it suitable for emergency use where an effective and fast intramuscular injection is required.
Thanks to the modularity, we can provide tailor-made solutions designed to deliver high-quality standards even when scaling-up. Our Pen Injector Assembly Line is an example of a flexible mid-high speed pen injector line assembling different formats and integrating extensive in-process controls.
Stevanato Group has launched SG Nexa 3x Cartridges, a full range of products that offer up to 3 times the mechanical resistance when compared to a standard glass container. Thanks to an external anti-friction and anti-scratches silicone coating, SG Nexa 3x better withstands the stresses of fill/finish processes too. One of its benefits is the same original geometry that ensure compatibility with current pen devices.
Preferred market choice:
- Emergency drugs
The continuing desire to reduce needlestick injuries led us to develop the SG EZ-fill Integrated Safety System. This groundbreaking, fully passive needle shield comes ready to fill and requires no additional assembly steps. SG ISS is both easy to use and intuitive to handle. Activating the automatic shield retraction requires less force compared to existing systems.
As a fully passive system, it also prevents the end-user from any risk of piercing after the removal of the rubber needle shield, making it safe and easy to use.
The Integrated Tip Cap has been developed to be the ideal match for SG EZ-fill® luer lock cone syringes with its twist-off closure system. The Integrated Tip Cap comprises of a rubber component inserted in a rigid plastic cap, screwed onto a luer lock adaptor and then pre-assembled on the SG EZ-fill syringe.
SG EZ-fill ITC is supplied with a rigid cap in a standard translucent plastic color. Other colors are available upon customer request.
We present a modular, robotic, proof-of-concept system for inspecting parenterals. By employing artificial intelligence principles and applying the technology to the inspection task, we engineered the Vision Robot Unit (VRU).
The VRU is a reliable, autonomous island machine, capable of fully automated inspection (cosmetic and particles) without human intervention.
Ultimately the VRU’s Artificial Intelligence allows the system to become:
- Reactive: Inspection reacts to changing product characteristics during each batch run
- Adaptive: Continuous learning from production and operators; re-training of new defects; false-reject reduction by re-training of false positive
Our analytical testing facilities focus on investigating physico-chemical properties of primary packaging materials and components and studying the interactions between container closure system and drugs.
- Our Italy based laboratory, SG Lab Analytics, works in compliance with ISO/IEC 17025: 2018 and is accredited by Accredia (Italian accreditation body) for two tests performed on glass containers and tubing-glass barrels for injectable preparation and sterilized sub-assembled syringes ready for filling.
- Inaugurated in Boston, Massachusetts, the US Technology Excellence Center (US TEC) will provide bio-pharma companies with integrated analytical services and effective project management to support their drug development activities, from early phase to commercialization and life-cycle management. We will also help customers navigate regulatory body requirements and overcome container-closure systems hurdles.
Many Pharmaceutical companies are looking for ways to lower their footprint and reduce total costs by relying on experienced external partners for non-core activities. When it comes to containment solutions for biopharmaceutical products, no solution matches SG EZ-fill®, whose proven advantages have turned its processing technology into an industry standard.
- Flexibility: a flexible approach that increases speed-to-market and accommodates small or large batch production.
- Reduced TCO: it leverages the commonalities between different fill-finish processes allowing the adoption of multi-product lines.
- Time to market: pharmaceutical and biotech can immediately fill our SG EZ-fill® pre-sterilized vials containment solution, as well as cartridges and syringes systems, consistently shortening time to market.
- Quality: SG EZ-fill® ensures maximum integrity of the pre-sterilized containers during transportation and in buffering/in-feeding operations, while minimizing glass-to-glass contact.
SG Alba is a turning point in the development of parenteral primary packaging, representing the best-in-class solution for biologics. The reduced variability of materials in contact with the drug throughout its lifecycle makes our SG Alba platform the perfect solution for de-risking the development process, saving costs and securing a fast introduction to market. The drastic reduction of silicone oil particles and the extremely low-propensity to delaminate addresses some of the key requirements of protein-based drugs.
- Limited underdosing concerns
- Mitigated protein aggregation
- Stabilized silicone layer
- Minimized Tungsten
- Mitigated delamination risk
- Minimized Extactables
ICOcap is Stevanato's portfolio inhaler offered to the market. It is a device solution for pharmaceutical companies who are focusing on therapeutical disease treatments as asthma and COPD. ICOcap is a capsule-based Dry Powder Inhaler for asthma and COPD treatment.
It is designed to perform as good as established inhalers on the market, offering improved handling features.
Position your company at the heart of the global Pharma industry with a CPhI Online membership
Your products and solutions visible to thousands of visitors within the largest Pharma marketplace
Generate high-quality, engaged leads for your business, all year round
Promote your business as the industry’s thought-leader by hosting your reports, brochures and videos within your profile
Your company’s profile boosted at all participating CPhI events
An easy-to-use platform with a detailed dashboard showing your leads and performance