What Acifix is and what it is used for
Acifix® is prescription medicine in the class of proton pump inhibitors. It is indicated for faster relief from Acid Peptic Diseases. It works by reducing the amount of acid in stomach by inhibiting proton pump. It provides faster onset of action due to higher Pka value of Rabeprazole Sodium
Before you take Acifix Do not take this medicine and tell your doctor if:
Acifix is contraindicated in hypersensitivity to any component of the preparation. Do not take this medicine if the above applies to you. If you are not sure, talk to your doctor before taking Acifix.
Take special care with Acifix
Check with your doctor before taking this medicine if:
- You are allergic to other proton pump inhibitor medicines
- You have a fractures of the hip, wrist, and spine
- If you are in hypomagnesemia
Medicines like Vitamin B12, Atazanavir and Ketoconazole need stomach acid to absorb properly. Acifix decreases stomach acid, so it may decreases absorption of such types of medicines.
Pregnancy and breast-feeding
Safe in Pregnancy (USFDA Pregnancy approved pregnancy Category B)
How to take Acifix
Use Acifix as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Take Acifix by mouth with or without food
- Swallow Acifix whole. Do not break, crush, or chew before swallowing
- You may take antacids while you are taking Acifix if you are directed to do so by your doctor
- Continue to take Acifix even if you feel well. Do not miss any doses
The usual recommended adult oral dose is 20 mg once daily, preferably in the morning with or without food. The duration of therapy is ranging from 2-8 weeks.
If you take more Acifix than you should
If you have too much of this medicine, talk to your doctor straight away.
If you forget to take Acifix
If you miss a dose of Acifix, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once
If you stop taking Acifix
Do not stop taking this medicine without talking to your doctor. You should not stop taking Acifix just because you feel better. This is because the problem may come back or get worse again.
If you have any further questions on the use of this product, ask your doctor
Possible side effects
Like all medicines, Acifix can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Acifix may sometimes cause headache, Allergic Reaction, diarrhea, abdominal pain, vomiting, constipation, dry mouth, Sore throat, alteration of appetite, muscle pain, drowsiness, dizziness, and fracture of the hip, wrist or spine.
Tell your doctor if any of the side effects gets serious or lasts longer than a few days, or if you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet
How to store Acifix (Storage condition)
- Keep this medicine out of the reach and sight of children.
- Store below 25°C. Store in the original package in order to protect from moisture.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the carton and blister after EXP. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
More products from Beximco Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Beximco manufactures wide range of products which includes bexidal. It belongs to allergic disorders products category. It is an antihistamine & acts through the antagonism of h1 receptor which is responsible for the allergic response. It offers: excellent efficacy to reduce scratching of eczema, relief from ...More info
Beximco manufactures wide range of products which includes adafil. It belongs to other products category. It is the preparation of tadalafil. It is a potent, selective, reversible inhibitor of cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cgmp)-specific phosphodiesterase type 5 (pde5). It offers: greater improvement in ere...More info
WebsiteView all contact information
Are you a supplier?
Here's what CPhI Online can do for you
- Generate quality leads for your business
- Stay visible for 365 days of the year
- Receive product inquiries and respond to meeting requests directly
- Improve company online presence through Search Engine Optimisation