28th September, 2021 4pm CET / 10am EST
What will this webinar address?
The percentage of parenteral drugs approved continues to increase as the overall drug market expands and new therapies for chronic and rare diseases enter the pipeline. In addition to this, swift advancement in biosimilars and biological products is projected to drive the parenteral drugs market growth in the years ahead.
Manufacturers face increasing complexity, not just because of the drug substances but also due to formulations, patient-centric delivery technologies, and regulatory requirements, which are all further complicated by abbreviated development timelines.
This session will aim to look at trends and challenges in today’s parenteral manufacturing and development market.
Discussion will cover:
- Discuss key trends in the parenteral dosage development and manufacturing market
- Overcome complex formulation challenges: solubility, stability, process
- Navigate a complex regulatory environment (IND, filing, etc.)
- Build success in early development to enable commercial success
- Shorten timelines to get to market quicker
- Bolstering Capabilities for Parenteral Drug Development & Build a robust process development program
- Parenteral Drugs: Recent Approvals and Growth Dynamics
- Key Trends and Issues Impacting Parenteral Development and Manufacturing
- Overcoming challenges getting drugs to market.
Global SME, Sterile Drug Products
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Christy Eatmon supports the Global Sales and Business Development teams in providing technical support, designing strategies and supporting new business opportunities for ThermoFisher’s sterile manufacturing business. Christy has more than 15 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry with an emphasis on process engineering, product development, aseptic manufacturing and filling. She has working knowledge of all phases from drug discovery to sterile product commercial manufacturing with expertise in small and large molecule sterile formulation. Previously, Christy supported the Greenville, North Carolina, site as a Senior Principal Scientist in the Commercial Operations and Pharmaceutical Development Services areas.
Senior Director of Drugs and Business Fundamentals
Peter Shapiro, PhD, is Senior Director of the Drugs and Business Fundamentals and also serves as the Editor-in-Chief of PharmSource. Peter is a thought leader in Contract Pharmaceutical manufacturing. Prior to joining GlobalData, Peter was at Target Health, a Contract Research Organization (CRO). Peter also worked in small molecule drug development for Abbvie and on in-vitro diagnostics at a diagnostic startup. Peter holds a PhD in Molecular and Cellular Biology from the Sackler Institute of New York University and is located in GlobalData's office in New York City.
This webinar is brought to you by
Title: Parenteral Drug Market: Meeting Escalating Challenges
Date: 28th September, 2021
Time: 4pm CET / 10am EST
Duration: 60 minutes