CPhI Online is the largest global marketplace in the pharma ingredients industry
Metered-dose inhaler (MDI) actuators
H&T Presspart is the world’s leading supplier of actuators for MDIs, producing a wide range of injection-moulded plastic actuator components for the pharmaceutical sector. We create actuators for all standard pharmaceutical valve sizes, and can also customise designs to meet your needs.
Actuators play an important role in affecting the spray pattern and targeted deposit of drug particles to combat asthma and COPD. So we follow best practice in all aspects of design, manufacturing and quality systems, with production under clean-room conditions at our facility in Tarragona. Our range covers actuators for solution and suspension formulations, as well as for glass bottles and metal canisters.
Key features and benefit of our MDI actuators:
1. Reliable, quality product due to consistent manufacturing processes ensuring continuity in batch production.
2. Built to last, so will withstand rigours of repeated use in all temperatures, throughout the actuator’s life.
3. A wide range of high-quality plastic resins and colours to meet your market needs.
4. Ensures compatibility, as tight dimensional tolerances ensure accurate fit and position of canister and valve.
5. Standard product ranges are available immediately, to match the formulation and requirements of the container closure system, reducing your development time and cost.
6. Our IPTC will offer you formulation, MDI design and performance adviceProcure based on your needs – with the actuator as a stand-alone product or as an MDI bundle.
7. You have the right solution for regulated or unregulated markets, with an actuator range that accommodates a dose counter or indicating mechanism.
8. Meets regulations for clean-room environment.We can adapt actuators to meet your product and market needs, offering compatibility across full valve range
2016On CPhI since
- Selling PointsBrand Name; Packaging; Product Performance; Quality Service; Reputation
- Supplied fromGermany; Spain; United Kingdom
2016On CPhI since
More Products from H&T Presspart
H&T Presspart is the world’s leading manufacturer of MDI canisters, and so a key partner to the world’s large pharmaceutical companies working in respiratory drug delivery. We offer a complete range of MDI ‘cans’, designing them for optimum compatibility with your chosen valves, actuators and drug formulations.
As one of the three key components for inhalation drug delivery for asthma and COPD, our MDI canisters comply with all relevant pharma standards and regulations. We make the cans through deep-drawn manufacturing, and as well as standard sizes, we can provide custom solutions for size and treatment, in both aluminium and stainless steel.
Whatever size MDI cans you needWe manufacture 75% of the world’s MDI cans a year at our plants in Blackburn, England and Marsberg, Germany. Our standard canisters are 10ml, 14ml, 17ml, 19ml and 22ml, and we can design and manufacture specialist smaller cans, sleeved cans for lower dosing, and cans to fit all valve sizes, including gasket and o-ring sealed valves.
Our standard thin-walled aluminium cans are suitable for use with CFC propellants, and we’ve also developed stainless steel and thick-walled cans to withstand the higher pressures associated with HFA propellants. You can choose aluminium thick-walled canisters when coating is required, ensuring the strength needed for filling and crimping.
Our unique new plasma process for treating the internal surfaces of metered-dose inhaler (MDI) canisters ensures the active drug content doesn’t stick to the canister wall. This solves a problem present in many other MDI cans and ensures the patient gets the correct dose.
This fluorocarbon polymerisation (FCP) plasma treatment process – available only from H&T Presspart – improves the surface energy performance of an MDI canister, which enhances drug stability in formulations where interactions with the aluminium substrate can lead to product degradation and reduced shelf life. We’ve used the process to develop several different plasma treatment options that successfully prevent drug degradation in solution or suspension formulations.
The plasma treatment process improves the surface energy performance of an MDI canister, which enhances drug stability in formulationsA unique improved process
Our improved Plasma treatment process a uniform layer on the inside walls. In traditional processes, the nanolayer thickness varies, and builds up around the canister lip, neck and base, while being depleted at the rim, shoulders and canister corners. Other surface treatments, such as spray coating or anodising, or alternative materials like stainless steel, can be expensive, or use chemicals which are undesirable or have long-term supply issues. The new plasma treatment improves on all these issues.
Summary of the advantages of the new process:
Uses readily available, high-purity industrial gases.
Uses no solvents and produces no harmful waste products.
Canisters are cleaned during the process
Surface treatment fully replicates the contours of the can
We have not detected any extractables.
A patent-protected future-proofed technology.
Lower carbon footprint than traditional coating technologies.Single stage treatmen
Position your company at the heart of the global Pharma industry with a CPhI Online membership
Your products and solutions visible to thousands of visitors within the largest Pharma marketplace
Generate high-quality, engaged leads for your business, all year round
Promote your business as the industry’s thought-leader by hosting your reports, brochures and videos within your profile
Your company’s profile boosted at all participating CPhI events
An easy-to-use platform with a detailed dashboard showing your leads and performance