February 25, 2021 4pm CET / 10am EST
What will this webinar address?
The global auto-injector market is expected to witness a CAGR of 17.9% from 2020 to 2025. Market growth is largely driven by the growing prevalence of targeted therapies, the rising incidence of anaphylaxis, a shift towards self-administration and technological advancements. The patent expiry of biologics is also expected to provide growth opportunities for players in the market.
This webinar will provide an overview of the factors driving growth in the auto-injector space, examine the challenges, opportunities, and evolving technologies for safer, more efficient and patient-friendly emergency auto-injector platform.
Key Discussion Points
- Overview of the auto-injector market and emergency-use application. What’s driving growth?
- What’s new in primary packaging materials for auto-injection platforms?
- Designing the user experience of emergency auto-injectors
- Developing auto-injectors for mechanical reliability and customizability
- Manufacturing challenges and opportunities
- Yasemin Karanis, Consultant, Thought Leadership, IQVIA
- Adam Stops, Drug Delivery Systems Product Manager, Stevanato Group
- Dan MacDonald, VP Engineering , Duoject Medical Systems
- Get the complete overview on key trends in the auto-injectors market
- Understand the market outlook for auto-injectors- with a particular focus on emergency use auto-injectors
- Hear from pharma experts, glass primary packaging and drug device designers and manufacturers on best-practice for developing strategies for product launch success in the emergency therapeutic area.
- Learn how to develop strategies for product launch success in the emergency therapeutic area
Consultant, Thought Leadership
Yasemin is a Consultant in the European Thought Leadership team based in IQVIA’s London office. Her primary areas of focus are; trends in innovative launches as well as the oncology market with emphasis on clinical and commercial trends. Yasemin holds a Masters in Cancer Research and a Bachelor of Science degree in Biomedical Sciences both from Newcastle University. Prior to her role in Thought Leadership, Yasemin was part of the Real-World Insights – Global Oncology team where she worked on the co-ordination and set-up of reports focusing on various cancers.
Drug Delivery Systems Product Manager
Adam Stops is Drug Delivery Systems Product Manager at Stevanato Group, managing auto-injectors, pre-filled variable and fixed-dose pen injectors, large-volume wearable injectors, and inhalers.
Boasting a Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering and a MBA in business management, Adam Stops has a broad experience in the design, development, and product management of devices and parenteral products. Throughout his career, he has worked with innovative multinational companies leading teams of experts in device research, design, and industrialization.
Duoject Medical Systems
Daniel MacDonald is Vice-President of Engineering Services at Duoject Medical Systems, an innovative drug delivery systems development company. Duoject is part of Novocol Pharma, a leading cartridge fill-finish CDMO. With a degree in Mechanical Engineering and a specialty in Design from Polytechnique in Montréal, Dan has been with Duoject for over 25 years, holding various positions and working his way up to his current role. Dan holds numerous patents in the medical device field and currently oversees the Design and Engineering teams, while also supporting key business development activities worldwide.
This webinar is brought to you by
Title: Trends in Auto-Injectors- Early considerations for emergency use auto-injector development and manufacturing: A Case Study
Date: February 25, 2021
Time: 4pm CET / 10am EST
Duration: 60 minutes