Roquette completes the acquisition of Itacel31 May 2018
1 September 2017: Roquette completes the acquisition of Itacel and reinforces its ambition of being a leader in pharma excipients.
Roquette, a global leader in innovative plant-based ingredients, announced today that it has completed the acquisition of Itacel from Blanver.
Itacel is a leading player in the pharmaceutical excipients market in Brazil and Latin America. This acquisition will reinforce Roquette’s position as a major supplier to the pharmaceutical industry and a global leader in natural-based pharmaceutical excipients solutions. The combination of the two businesses will contribute to Roquette’s strategic growth plan in the Food, Nutrition and Health markets, and will create new opportunities for Roquette and Itacel’s customers and employees.
Focus on Itacel’s excipients range
Roquette is the market leader in orally dispensable technologies with fast dissolving fillers such as PEARLITOL® mannitol and NEOSORB® sorbitol, and taste masking agents like KLEPTOSE® hydroxypropyl-beta-cyclodextrin. Thanks to Itacel excipients, Roquette expands its oral dosage offering with:
- Disintegrant EXPLOSOL® sodium starch glycolate and superdisintegrant SOLUTAB® croscarmellose complement Roquette’s disintegrant line.
- MICROCEL® microcrystalline cellulose adds an additional filler.
- TABULOSE® SC colloidal microcrystalline cellulose is a suspension agent that will be a great addition to Roquette sugar-free sweeteners for syrup applications.
Are you a supplier?
Here's what CPhI Online can do for you
- Generate quality leads for your business
- Stay visible for 365 days of the year
- Receive product inquiries and respond to meeting requests directly
- Improve company online presence through Search Engine Optimisation