This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.

3 Feb 2011

Roche: Solid 2010 Results

Swiss pharmaceutical group Roche has reported a four per cent increase in full-year net profit, according to figures published on Wednesday.

Despite a challenging year, Swiss pharmaceutical company Roche posted positive results for 2010 yesterday, with stable sales of CHF47.5bn ($50.3bn).


Good underlying growth compensated for the decline in Tamiflu sales and impact of widespread healthcare reforms and austerity measures. Excluding Tamiflu, sales increased by 5% over 2009 figures.


The group's net income increased by 4% to CHF8.9bn ($9.4bn), while core operating profit increased by 7% in local currencies courtesy of its pharmaceuticals division increasing core operating profit by 4%.


Roche's pharmaceuticals division represented 78% of group sales, while its diagnostics division contributed the remaining 22%.

Related News