- Biopharma News
Company introduction – Cyclolab Cyclodextrin Research and Development Ltd19 Oct 2020
CycloLab Cyclodextrin Research and Development Ltd. is a private SME with the focus on cyclodextrin research and development for over 30 years. We are working in the fields of pharmaceutical, cosmetic and food industry, agrochemical, environmental and analytical applications of cyclodextrins.
CycloLab has four main activities:
1. We produce Sulfobutylether Beta-Cyclodextrin (SBECD, Dexolve™) in multiple ton scale annually under cGMP conditions based on an FDA-approved Drug Master File. This is a potent general solubilizer and stabilizer excipient, compatible with any kinds of administration forms.
2. CycloLab operates as a CRO for cyclodextrin related services including:
i) development of products (pharma, cosmetic, food, agricultural industries) – formulation development, optimization, characterization, in vitro bioequivalence studies, etc.
ii) offering custom synthesis of cyclodextrins, fine-tailored for certain guest molecules or purposes,
iii) performing (sub)pilot-scale cGMP compliant manufacturing of cyclodextrins to be used as APIs or excipients in clinical studies or cyclodextrin enabled formulations for the same purpose that are not available in suitable grades globally
iv) all analytical tasks related to the above, under GMP (method development,validation, stability studies for formulation ingredients (APIs, cyclodextrins) and final products as well. In this aspect, we are deeply engaged with Sugammadex as well.
3. CycloLab offers the widest variety of cyclodextrins in various grades (pharma, standard, fine chemical) in a web shop system for various purposes (research, analytics, cell cultures, formulation studies, etc). Besides "regular" derivatives, we always develop something new and special, like maltooligomers, polymers or fluorescent-tagged products. Within the product list, several Sugammadex related compounds are included.
4. As an R&D company, we develop next generation proprietary cyclodextrins and explore potential applications as well. These are focused in several areas as evaluating cyclodextrins as excipients in new areas like protein stabilization and non-viral gene delivery, fermentation and enzymatic processes, serum free culture media, creating selective and targeted drug delivery systems and evaluation of cyclodextrins as API candidates for CNS diseases, infections and other conditions.
Are you a supplier?
Here's what CPhI Online can do for you
- Generate quality leads for your business
- Stay visible for 365 days of the year
- Receive product inquiries and respond to meeting requests directly
- Improve company online presence through Search Engine Optimisation